Sunday, 8 February 2015

ColourPop Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencil - review and swatches

Hi Sweets, 

ColourPop Cosmetics is a brand that I can totally get behind!  With their affordable prices, highend quality, fun packaging and speedy shipping, I don’t have a negative thing to say about them and to make things even better; they are conscious friendly company, vowing not to test on animals!  I have already raved about their Super Shock Shadows and now it is time to rave about their Lippie Stix.

I am a lipstick addict and am always on the hunt for new products to try, so when I saw that ColourPop were shipping to NZ I knew I would be making a pretty decent order.  I got 10 Lippie Stix and 8 Lippie Pencils to try out, each cost $5US and have already started stalking their website for more.  From ordering to arrival my package took 10 days and came packaged in their signature box and there was really sturdy foam padding protecting my makeup goodies.  Shipping cost $24.08US, which is a little more than I usually pay, but I did get a tracking number that was frequently updated and since the products are so reasonably priced, I don’t mind the additional cost.

The Lippie Stix come in 6 different finishes (glossy, satin, matte, hyper glossy, pearlized), I got primarily matte, as that is my preferred finish and some satin.  The Lippie Stix are tubed in a retractable ‘stick’ and the actual shape of the lipstick is very slim, which makes it easier to apply if you don’t want to add a liner and allows you to have really good control during application.  The pencils are not retractable and are made with a plastic pencil, so you will definitely need a really sharp pencil sharpener on hand.  This is the only thing I don’t love about the liners; I would prefer a twist up or wood pencil.  Anyway, each Lippie Stix has a corresponding Lippie Pencil that should enhance or match the colour of its lipstick.

The pigmentation of these lipsticks is absolutely amazing!  You can get an opaque colour after 2 passes and the colour saturation is both consistent and non-patchy.  The Lippie Stix are creamy and don’t drag as you apply and I found them to be neither drying or hydrating.  I use a thin layer of lip balm to ensure the lipstick doesn’t settle in my lip lines and find that they have a super long wearing formula.   I have managed to get 5 hours of wear, before fading or reapplication (that’s with or without a liner).  I also find that the liners are so smooth and blend really nicely on the lip with no feathering or bleeding and sit well as they are layered.  Overall, these are  incredibly smooth, concentrated and buttery and all glide on so easily.  HEAVEN in a tube!!  Also there is noticeable scent kind of like a caramelised vanilla, it isn’t offensive but does linger on the lips for about half an hour.

Brink, has become one of my go to colours!  Have you tried these amazing lip products, if you haven’t I would really recommend you go and get even a couple to try out?  If you do have some in your collection, what shades have you tried out? 


SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig