Sunday, 5 July 2015

Makeup Revolution Awesome Metals Foil Finish Eyes // A review

Hi Sweets, 
Makeup Revolution has really carved out their spot in the beauty world as the place to shop for quality dupes with affordable prices and although I have only ever swatched the Stilla magnificent metals, I think Awesome Metals by Revolution are super close.

The Awesome Metal’s Foil Finish (rose gold) eyeshadows are a cream-like product that are jam packed with a long wearing, rich coloured formula.  Texturally they are comparable to the ColourPop Super Shock Shadows as they have a buttery, moosey consistency and great wear time.  Each Awesome Metal comes in a small kit with a foiled shadow, mixing tray and a transforming solution that turns the creamy shadow into more of a metal like pigment that kind of helps it to set in to a long lasting shadow, that won’t crease and maintains a more ‘foiled’ finish throughout wear.

How it works:  I use a dense synthetic flat shader brush to apply the Foil Finish shadows. I use the spade like shape of the shader brush to scoop out a small amount of the ‘Foil’ to put on the mixing tray and then add roughly two drops of the mixing solution and mix.  I suggest doing one eye at a time and then repeating the mixing process again.  I prefer the using the Awesome Metals with a primer as I have found that this helps the shadow to last longer, stops creasing and the shadow stays opaque.  After I have applied a primer, I will then add the Awesome Metal in layers, to get the most colour pay off.  Another tip I have is to add your crease colours first and when the foiled shadow is set lightly blend out the edges with a fluffy brush.  Add a few generous coats of mascara and boom, you’re done!!   In the photo I used Mac’s Painterly, as this is my usual primer on one eye, I found that after 6 hours of wear, the unprimed eye looked slightly creased, some of the shadow had flaked off a little and the colour seemed only slightly less metallic. 


I have really loved using these shadows, they are great for nights out or special occasions, have you used the Awesome Metal’s Foil Finish eyeshadows, what did you think of them?



SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig